Saturday, February 13, 2010

making silver


Sometimes(well,most of the time) I get overly excited about stuff I create. But art in any form mystifies me. And when I get excited about something I have made it's not bragging. I just love it and have to share it. And I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do. But I have to share my latest art. Creating silver from clay. Who could of guessed this would be possible.? My husband bought me a kit to make silver from Fire Mountain Gems. When I saw this tiny 1x1" block of clay I panicked! I was so afraid of wasting it that I didn't use it until last week. Did I mention that he bought it for Christmas, 2008? Well, last week I told myself I had to do it. After all Robert was nice enough to buy it (and it was expensive) so I should at least use it. So I opened the box,tried the torch a few times, (didn't know about the childproof lock)
opened the clay, and stared at it. ARTISTS BLOCK ......MAJOR. What to make ...I kneeded it a few times to get the feel of it. then made a snake because everyone does. Finally,I decided to go with something contempory. That way If I made a flower and ende up with some oddity, no one would know except me. The strangest thing is, After I fired it with the torch (what a trip), I almost fainted because I loved it! I added a few baubles and wahla...A necklace. And I really, really liked it! My First Silver. BUT.....out of the flames a monster was born...I want more..I want to make silver...I want a kiln...I want GOLD!!!!!!!!!! Born is an addict. I would have to go back to work (probably 2 jobs) just to pay for the stuf. Will I make more? Darn straight I will. Above you can see my finished product. Nothing to shout about, but I did it. Let me know what you think. Honestly. And I would love to hear from others who can't afford to make silver but who have anyway. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments welcome